Frequently Asked Questions
1. What can I do if I pre-purchased a 31-Day Pass and am no longer able to use it because of the route reductions?
Contact PART at 336-662-0002 and your unused 31-Day Pass will be refunded at the full purchase price.
2. Do 31-Day Pass Holders have guaranteed/priority boarding over someone who pays using another method?
No. Boarding will continue to work as it does today on a first come - first serve basis.
3. If I do not want to purchase a 31-Day Pass, what are my other rural fare options?
Rural 10-Ride Passes are available for a full fare price of $30 and half fare of $15. Rural One-Way full fare is $3.00 and half fare is $1.50. Regional Value Cards, which can be used on PART, GTA, Hi tran and WSTA buses, are also available in denominations of $5, $10 and $20.
4. If the new service times do not meet my needs, what are my options?
Carpooling and vanpooling are cost effective commute options. Both offer flexibility by accommodating the schedule of those who choose to ride. PART operates a vanpool program and partners with the NC Department of Transportation to offer a free rideshare matching site at www.sharetheridenc.org. The site is a great resource for finding carpool and vanpool participants!
5. How much does it cost to ride in a vanpool?
The cost for riding in a vanpool is comparable to the cost of a Rural 31-Day Pass. The fare is set before the vanpool begins operation so that riders know exactly how much they will be required to pay on a monthly basis. Click here to view vanpool fares.
6. What types of vans does PART lease?
PART leases 7-Passenger Mini Vans, 15-Passenger Vans and Raised Roof / Walk On 14-Passenger Vans.
|Inside - ROUTES - Ridesharing - Rider Info - Regional Planning - Air Quality - News - Contact - Links|