PART is continuously reviewing and analyzing our system. This process includes a variety of elements including passenger feedback, on-time performance, ridership, expense, and safety. Our goal is to provide the safest, most effective, and most efficient service possible.
October 2021 Changes
Route 5 Permanent Suspension:
PART Express Route 5 – Amtrak Connector has been suspended since April 6, 2020, due to the impacts of COVID-19. Even prior to COVID, ridership has seen significant yearly decreases.
- Recognizing the need to provide a connection for Amtrak riders traveling between High Point and Winston-Salem, PART began promoting Route 1 – Winston-Salem Express and Route 3 – High Point Express as a link between the two cities in May 2021.
- Effective Friday, October 1, 2021, PART will permanently suspend the Route 5 – Amtrak Connector service. Riders will continue using our Route 1 and Route 3 to make connections.
Route 1, 2, & 3 Saturday Adjustments:
Due to the permanent suspension of Route 5, PART will move funds to modify and expand Saturday service hours on Route 1 – Winston-Salem Express, Route 2 – Greensboro Express, and Route 3 – High Point Express.
Route 1, 2, & 3 will be adjusted beginning October 9, 2021, to operate from 6:45am – 9:45pm.
These adjustments will:
- Change the hours from 7:00am – 7:00pm to 6:45am - 9:45pm.
- Add additional AM & PM service.
- Continue to provide hourly service throughout the day.
- Provide additional options for Amtrak riders from Greensboro & High Point.
CLICK HERE for a PDF version of the proposed schedule.
Route North-South Saturday Adjustments:
The Saturday North-South service will adjust service hours to 7:15am - 7:15pm. This will be to match up with the Route 1, 2, & 3 schedule changes.