Rider Rules of Conduct
The Piedmont Authority for Regional Transportation (PART) has established these rules to enhance safety and the customer experience, to facilitate the proper use and conduct on PART Property for the purpose of passenger comfort, the protection of passengers and PART employees and to assure the payment of fares for the use of the system.
The following Rider Rules of Conduct include our guidelines and expectations when interacting with PART personnel, PART Bus Operators and supervisory and maintenance staff. Safety is our number one priority at PART, in order to achieve this, we need your cooperation and participation with these guidelines.
Please review our special rules and regulations we have added in response to COVID-19.
Keeping public transportation safe is a shared responsibility, this Rider Rules of Conduct outlines what PART envisions as fair and reasonable of all patrons and users of the PART System including all vehicles, bus stops, facilities, and Park and Ride Lots. If at any time inappropriate conduct or behavior occurs, it may result in a person’s suspension or loss of utilizing PART facilities and services.
- All passengers must provide proper fare and comply with PART fare payment systems.
- Priority seating at the front of vehicles is reserved for customers with disabilities and senior citizens. Riders asked to move to an alternate seat to accommodate disabled and senior citizens is required and in compliance with ADA laws and regulations.
- Customers must exit a vehicle once it has completed its one-way trip and reached the end of the route.
- No more than three personal carry-on items per person.
- Keep hold of your personal items on your lap, at your feet, or in overhead storage spaces. Items may not block aisles, obstruct seats, take up seats or be left unattended.
- No eating or drinking on board vehicles.
- Don’t engage in disruptive behavior of any kind.
- Headphones are required when using all audio and visual devices.
- Use respectful language and behavior towards other passengers and vehicle operators.
- Don’t interfere with the operation of a vehicle.
- Do not cross the driver barrier line when the bus is in operation.
- No panhandling and soliciting.
- No spitting, urinating, defecating or exposing one’s body parts.
- No engaging in inappropriate sexual behavior including direct or indirect comments or physical contact.
- No threats of any kind (including verbal or nonverbal gestures) toward another person, bus operator, or company employee.
- No physical violence, intimidation and/or harassment toward another person, bus operator, or company employee.
- No use of tobacco, smoking or vapor except in designated areas.
- No littering.
- No participation in illegal activity (sale, distribution, possession of stolen property or controlled substances such as alcohol, drugs, narcotics, etc.)
- No display of public intoxication or impairment.
- No possession or use of weapons, explosives, flammable materials, or other hazardous items.
- No tampering with any equipment including but not limited to safety and emergency equipment, alarms, or control switches of any type on PART vehicles and facilities.
- No damaging, defacing, destroying or vandalizing any PART vehicle, facility, or the personal property of another person using PART.
- No trespassing on unauthorized PART property.
- Passengers must follow instructions given by any PART Express transit operator or PART official while using PART.
CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATIONS
The above list of conduct applies to all PART vehicles, facilities and properties. Prior to enforcement, PART will make every attempt to first educate someone on our rules of conduct. However, any person who engages in prohibited conduct may be subject to enforcement ranging from warnings, immediate suspension, indefinite ban, and if necessary, law enforcement.