Umo Mobile & Smartcard Faring
PART's Umo Mobility platform (formally known as TouchPass) is an account based fare collection system. It uses technology to replace the old days of paper magstripe passes or paying with cash on the bus.
Passengers have two options. They can download the Umo Mobility App or purchase a Umo Smartcard. Then they can easily purchase their bus fare and load it into their Umo account through the Umo Mobile App or Online. Once a PART pass or Umo Cash has been loaded, the passenger simply scans their Umo Mobile App or taps the Umo Smartcard on the Umo reader in the bus as they board. Umo makes it convenient to purchase a pass, pay your fare, and speed up the boarding process!
How Does Umo Work?
The Umo platform is an account-based system. Passengers will be able to set-up a personal Umo account that stores their passes or Umo cash. Then easily and conveniently pay their fare on the bus, tracks transfers, and monitor their account activity.
It also eliminates the fear of losing your pass. If you’re a Smartcard user and you lose your card, as long as you’ve created a user account and tied it to your account, we’ll be able to transfer your funds from one card to another. So make sure to register!
There are three ways to create, register, access, and load your Umo Account.
- Umo Mobile App – Download the Umo Mobility App and create/register your account. If you had a TouchPass account, click here for steps to change your account from TouchPass to Umo.
- Umo Online – Purchase a Umo Smartcard. Then you can create and register your account online.
- Let Us Help You – Whether you use the Umo Mobile App or Umo Smartcard, you can always contact our Call Center or visit the Coble Transportation Center (CTC), and we can register your account, look up your data, and even load your account.
Once your account is created, you can set-up alerts to be notified when your Umo Cash is running low or your pass is about to expire. You can even use the auto-load feature so you're always ready-to-ride.
Passengers must choose to use either the Umo Mobile App or Smartcard, you can't use both.
Umo has so many benefits, including:
- Easy boarding – Just tap your Smartcard or scan your Mobile App QR code on the Umo Reader and wait for the light to board.
- Automatic transfers – Save money while you ride and get free transfers. Transfers are stored in your Umo account and are used automatically when you ride!
- Save money – PART Rewards pay-as-you-ride program means the more you ride, the more you save in the long run. The Umo system will count how many times you use Umo Cash to pay for your ride and make sure you never spend more than $5 per day or $80 for the month.
- Online purchases – You can buy passes or Umo Cash anywhere anytime through your smartphone or online.
- Pass protection – As long as you register your account, your passes and stored value are safe; even if you lose your card.
- Automated alerts – Set up your account to send alerts when your pass is nearing expiration or you're running out of stored value.
- Is there a difference between TouchPass and Umo?
- I used to purchase TouchPass Stored Value, what do I do on Umo?
- Can I use my Umo Mobile App or Smartcard to pay for the fare of another person that is traveling with me?
- Can my family or friends use my Umo Smartcard?
- How can I check my account to see my passes or stored value?
- How do I add or change my personal information in my Umo account?
- How do I check my pass expiration date?
- I just purchased a pass, when can I use it?
- I just used Umo on a bus, when will the fare payment be posted to my account?
- I'm eligible for a discount when I ride, how does that work with Umo?